Aqualisa shower cartridge replacement
There’s nothing more refreshing than jumping into a shower in the morning, and nothing more frustrating than a shower that leaks. Luckily, if you’re the proud owner of an Aqualisa shower then replacing an Aqualisa shower cartridge is a relatively straightforward operation. Ensure you have the right tools for the job and the correct replacement shower cartridge and you’ll soon have your shower up and running, drip free.
Removing the cartridge
1. Turn off the water supply to your shower and then turn the shower on to drain the water out of the system. It’s a good idea to tape over the drain so you don’t lose any small screws.
2. Next remove the on/off control and then every part of the operating system until you reach the cartridge – remember the order in which you remove any levers etc.
3. Remove the old cartridge – you’ll find more information on this manoeuvre in the instruction manual that comes with your Aqualisa shower cartridge.
Replacing the cartridge
1. Aqualisa cartridges are generally held in place by 4 screws, so position these in the face of the cartridges before aligning and screwing into place for a watertight seal.
2. Now replace the other components, finishing with the on/off control.
3. Make sure the on/off control is in the fully ‘off’ position before turning on the water to check for leaks.
Keep it clean
Once you’ve replaced the cartridge and your shower is in full working order, it pays to clean and maintain it to maximise the new cartridge’s lifespan.
If you’re in a hard water area, then soaking the showerhead overnight in vinegar is a cost-effective tip. Just check first that vinegar won’t spoil your showerhead’s finish. Use a toothbrush to shift any stubborn deposits and then run clean water through the showerhead for around a minute. This simple maintenance routine will keep your shower working effectively. Using a bag filled with vinegar secured around the showerhead and the taps makes this a low-maintenance procedure.
Call the experts
Changing a shower cartridge can be straightforward but if you prefer to trust the professionals, then Shaw’s Plumbing and Heating are here to help. If you need plumbers in Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, we offer services from Aqualisa shower cartridge replacement to new shower installations, so why not contact-us for more details.